May Words
Above are some of my favourite recent digital and film pictures, wee snippits of what I have been photographing to get practice with my plate camera. I have several projects on the go, involving the moon, bees and Scotland so it has been good to get some practice plates done in preparation to doing the real ones. Mark has eluded my camera this past month, busy with his college work, the blossom and spring flowers have been perfect muses though and I am so happy to see some bees, better late than never...
I am writing a business plan to see about starting up a wee local portrait business offering my skills of photography and alternative processes. Mark is wanting to set up his fitness classes and personal training business as soon as he finishes college and is fully qualified, mid June! So May has been full of research and note taking, hopefully it will amount to something! I want to be able to work on my fine art photography projects and hopefully this will gain me money and experience in applying for extra funding when those times come with those projects! So if you are in Midlothian or Edinburgh and the lothian lands, Scotland and need a personal trainer or photographer watch this space! ;)
I haven't been doing much sewing lately because of all the photography but I will hopefully get a wee shop update in July after finishing off what I started sewing hopefully in June's spare moments! That is the plan anyway, I will turn 28, hopefully get a wee birthday trip to the beach, be practicing my photography, working out and sewing and most importantly hopefully having lovely sunshine moments with my love...
Here's to June 2013, geez us a gid yin sunshine!
➸♥➸






24 comments:
Hello there gorgeous gal, you look blooming lovely. So glad to hear of you and your man's plans, best of luck with those! I turn 28 tomorrow too woop woop Happy Birthday for June lovely xxxx
Your photos are always exquisitely lovely, honey, and I'm certain you'd quickly garner much business as a portrait photographer (oh, how I wish you could pop over to Canada and shoot me sometime - or that I could find myself on Scottish soil for the same reason).
Wishing you both the utmost of success with your budding business plans!
♥ Jessica
I adore your stunning artistic photography ~ I find it such an inspiration. I haven't been using my camera much at all; I've mostly been shooting with my iPhone5 and exploring the fun of Instagram. I know it doesn't really count, but I love it anyway! I looked you up straight away and I'll be following ~ I'm such a fan! ❤
xox,
bonita
Such beautiful photos! I love the simplicity, but they have such stories in them!
Aww woop woop! Hope you had a lovely day, you looked beautiful in your instgram pictures :) Here's to being 28! Gah! Crazy! =^..^= xxx
Aww thankyou sweetpea! I need to catch up on your end, I hope you are well and recovered well! All the best kitten! Oh and come to Scotland yes yes! ;) xxx
Thank you sweetheart! Such kind words! I will look you up! :) ➸♥➸
Thanks kitten! ➸♥➸
Babe, I'm so in love with your style! You´re definitely an amazing blogger. All your looks are simply wild and perfect! love every piece of your clothes. You´re so sweet with the atmosphere of your photographs ! I love them all, i'm missing Scotland, such a beautiful country!
;) xoxo
Adeline
really cool atmosphere! love your page
C
http://visualthink.blogspot.it/
sooo pretty! love all the blooming trees and that cat! wet plate sounds awesome! i love what sally mann and sarah moon were doing with that process.
i have a friend who was doing some sort of colodium wet plate process, he came to paris invited by paolo roversi (yes, that guy) to teach him the process. he was 18 and moved away over a year ago...sorry, this got me nostalgic.
i hope you get a bit more sunshine soon! it's funny everywhere around the world all the bloggers i follow keep saying summer hasn't really arrived yet! can't wait to see some of your upcoming photography projects, especially photos of the moon! good luck to you and to mark with all your upcoming projects and your new businesses, i hope everything is going well! :)
little henry lee
Your wee world is ALWAYS so dreamy Zoe! These photos are a whimsical delight..I just want to jump right through them...hehe. Wishing you plenty of sunshine!
xo Marisa
GORGEOUS!!
And it helps that ya'll are both on such an upswing track.
Lovely love lovely.
xx
LuLu
Breakfast After 10
What gorgeous photos. I just love it when you find a blog that truly resonates, and the person just draws you right in to their world. Everyone loves to have a wander around someone else's world now and then right? xXx
Caged Canary - Live The Fairytale
www.cagedcanarynz.blogspot.co.nz
You beautiful, beautiful girl. Your pictures are just incredible Zoe! Can I please, please come up and you take my picture? I would love that so much. It's so lovely to see you with one of your Bumble friends. I think I'm going to do a Bee course at work next time they do one, you have compltely inspired me and I can't see a Bee without thinking of you and that's so lovely as they are in abundance around the grounds of my work (I thought you would be pleased to hear that). I'm so excited for both of you, such a lovely and talented couple that deserve to be successful in the things you love. xxx
Thank you sweetpea that is really lovely of you to say so! :) Zoë x
Thank you Cecilia! :)
Thanks Sandra, yes! Mann and Moon def. did some lovely things with it! :) I adore it! Oh you live in Paris! What a beautiful place to do wet plate! If he ever visits you, make him teach you! ;) Zoë x
Thanks sweetpea! Me too! My boyfriend says the Met office declared the UK to have 30 rainy summers! Feels a bit like Game Of Thrones winters! I hope there are more sunny days! :( Thank you for your well wishes! It is going well so far! Well, Enjoying ourselves but broke! ha! :) Hope you are having a braw day! Zoë xxx
Aww thanks kitten! As is yours! I hope the baby is doing well, must be almost time! \^.^/ Good Luck! :) xxx
Thank you sweetheart! :) ➸♥➸
Thank you that is really sweet of you! :)
Kitten it would be my pleasure! I just wish we had our own place and could offer to put you guys up for your stay! I hope that we have the time sooner rather than later, years go by so fast huh! But no, I would love to! I am sure we could make you looking epic amongst some flowers! Mark and I are planning a trip to Wales, hopefully next Easter or this time next year, perhaps a wee side trip to your end of the woods would be in order! I will be bringing my cameras! \^.^/ Oh, so amazing, I loved every minute of the course I did, and can't wait to set up my own hive, again, once me and Mark have our own place!!! I hope that you are getting some sunshine and enjoying your beautiful work! Looks braw! :) Zoë xxx
Post a Comment
Thank you for your wee comment! It is nice to hear from strangers and friends! (and strangers who could be friends!) I will do my darn hardest to respond too!