Some recent pictures from my wee world... (click to enlarge in gallery view)
September Words
A Scottish Winter on it's Way
When my mither was in Australia she met a cousin who had helped with other family members to clear out my great grandparents house when that sad time came to be. Her son had picked up my great grandpa's camera and it had apparently been sitting on his shelf since. When she found I was a photographer she sweetly put it that I should be the one in the family to have it as I might get use out of it! I had no idea of this until a package arrived with this dashingly beautiful camera in the sweetest case! I wonder what pictures he took. I love the autograph panel and the stylus! It even had some very old Adelaide tram tickets from his adventures, scrunched up and shoved in the depths of the star pocket! Woah! Happy wee bee, I can't wait to shoot with it after it gets a loving clean!
As you can see I am still hand stitching kittens! I feel the coldness of our Scottish weather creeping in through the wee opening of the window, the space where the cats sit when it is too driecht for even them to venture out! The days are shorter and I sit in our wee darkened room illuminated by glittering candles which bounce off my sequin curtains and mirrors. I am thinking I need to make some fitted velvet trousers as I no longer own any trousers and fear for my legs when the snow starts to fall.
As you can see I am still hand stitching kittens! I feel the coldness of our Scottish weather creeping in through the wee opening of the window, the space where the cats sit when it is too driecht for even them to venture out! The days are shorter and I sit in our wee darkened room illuminated by glittering candles which bounce off my sequin curtains and mirrors. I am thinking I need to make some fitted velvet trousers as I no longer own any trousers and fear for my legs when the snow starts to fall.
Autumn is falling near and fast
Mourning flowers dry to last
Stretching, walking, eating through days
Picking, foraging, found new ways.
Coating plates in the darkness
Wakening to meaws before light hits
Fresh fruit fae near and far
Giving power to my wee mitochondria.
Pausing goals, dismissing hype
I ken I'm talented if I'm alive
My great grandpa's camera fae 1914
Focus and enjoy getting it clean.
Silver nitrate needs to rest
Just like me, it's for the best
Spring will be a prize to win
Get through the winter with dry plate sin.
My Every day Breakfast Smoothie:
-Ten bananas
-Twenty strawberries
-Twenty blueberries
-Twenty red grapes
-Two apples
-Two oranges
-Two kiwis
-One cup of coconut milk
-half a cup / cup of beetroot juice
-half a cup of cold water
(some days I mix it up with other fruits too).
My Every day Breakfast Smoothie:
-Ten bananas
-Twenty strawberries
-Twenty blueberries
-Twenty red grapes
-Two apples
-Two oranges
-Two kiwis
-One cup of coconut milk
-half a cup / cup of beetroot juice
-half a cup of cold water
(some days I mix it up with other fruits too).
Which is about- 1717kcal, 10g fat, 425g carbs, 56g fiber, 21g protein, 5476 potassium, 125 sodium, 64%calcium, 38%iron, 46%vitamin A, 700% Vitamin C.
It is really important to get fiber in your diet, if you do not eat very many fruits and veggies you should perhaps introduce a wee smoothie into your day as fiber only comes from plant foods. I had a friend who died of bowel cancer, one of Britain's worst killers and usually the number one nasty is that people do not have enough fiber in their diets. Do yourself a favor! Mark's nutrition course is doing us both a lot of good! Oh and just because, we hear it often, I do not eat too many bananas! hehe! My potassium levels are fine, to 'over-dose' or get close to on potassium you would have to eat something stupid and impossible like 400 bananas in thirty seconds! It is a rare occasion that I get to thirty in a day! The human body is a genius regulator, it processes fruits and veggies way easier than any other food type and bananas are wonderful! In the last four years I simply have not felt this healthy. ;) x










39 comments:
Just Lovely!
i love your photographs~
-liv
http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr
Beautiful photos my dear! Your little cats look like burlesque artsistes! That camera is amazing, hope you had a wonderful weekend. Can you believe it's October already?! xx
Beautiful post !
Beauty and a subtle sense of melancholy swirl through these elegant images. How are you doing these days, sweet gal? You've certainly been in my thoughts as of late following your dear grandma's passing, and I hope dearly that you're doing as positively as can expected.
♥ Jessica
Smoothies are my favourite! I have one a day :) sometimes I fail with my smoothie experiments and they just end up tasting like a big pile of poop though, haha. How are you going? That is so cool about the camera! How old is it? I hope you are well :)
Thanks sweetpea! :)
Thank you Liv! :)
Thanks Hannah! I hope you did too! :) xxx
Thanks! =^..^=
Thanks Jessica, so sweet of you to say, I am doing well, my smoothies have been a real treat! ;) I hope you are well my dear! :) x
Oh Pal, I bet the Australian fruit is yummy in smoothies! mmmm! Glad to hear you are fruity! :D I'm so in love with my great grandpa's camera, it is 98 years old! :O In two years time it will need a wicked birthday party! x
lovely photos, those fruit drinks look delicious and those glittery candles are adorable! hope you're well! x
Zoe, whenever I come to your blog, it's like I'm visiting Wonderland. I love it :) Your photos are, of course, gorgeous. And I really adore your kitties!!! The camera that you received is a beauty, and I can't wait to see the pictures you'll be taking with it! I bet they will be out of this world amazing.
I chuckled at your comment about eating 400 bananas in 30 seconds. I need to get back on the smoothie wagon, especially since most of the time I just drink a huge cup of tea for breakfast and have just that until noonish. (not good, I know) That kiwi drink looks especially refreshing!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights
super super cool !
Hugs <3
I loved your blog from the moment I first saw it!!!! Amazing photos, lovely house, adorable cats (although they cause you trouble sometimes :P) and most of all, I can't believe how calm it makes me when I visit it. Keep up the good work and notice that you have a new follower from Greece.
Love, Stella
http://thesmallpleat.blogspot.gr/
Hiya! Your blog looks really fantastic, congratulations and the pictures... amazing :). Like I saw that you know about photography and lives in Scotland I hope not disturb you but can you recomend me an university in Scotland to study photography? I am Spanish and im living in Sheffiel a couple of months and I was thinking go to Scotland to study but like I don't know anything about universities there I wasn't sure.
Well I hope see you on my blog too! Have a nice day :)
http://artofhypology.blogspot.co.uk/
MMM they were! ;) x
Thanks kitten! Mmm it was refreshing! ;) x
Thanks Stella! Those naughty kitties are a treat! :) x
Hi, Thanks :) I am afraid my favourite lecturer has left my place of study and I hear it has gone almost completely digital over the last few years, so unsure on how to recommend it! ;) I would def recommend you do thorough research by going to open days, then make your decision based on what type of photography it is you want to focus on! Go for it though, follow your passions! :) x
You are so inspiring darling Zoe. I defintely need to try out your smoothie and get some more fibre in my diet.
I can not wait to see the pictures you take with this camera and that's so sweet of your Cousin. I have a Camera like this too, I found mine in a charity shop and have been a bit scared to use it. Seeing how yours turn out will hopefully give me a bit of courage to use mine.
These photo's are just so beautiful, magical even. You are so very talented.
I hope you are keeping warm and definitey get on the case with the trousers. :-) xxx
omg these photos are really lovely and the smoothie looks delicious! and the lights reminds me of christmas!
would you like to follow each other?
A
xx
http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com
I really enjoyed coming across your RAD blog. It's very different than the rest, it's not often you can come across these! Keep up the gnarly work!
xx,
NV
Thanks sweetpea! I'm glad you will try adding more fiber in your diet! :D xxx
Thanks sweetheart! :) x
Thanks Audrey! :)
Thanks, I appreciate it! :) x
Beautiful post!
Freesia
Thanks Freesia! :) x
Oohh... pretty pictures.
Now to the words. My aunty died of bowel cancer, but luckily, I have an awesome diet, full of good things, so I feel rather confident I'll be okay. A smoothie is LOADS better than a juice - all that fibre. Om nom. :)
I think I really need to follow suit with the smoothie thing. My poor blender broke during our move thanks so one of my hubby's friends dropping it - but as soon as I get a new one, I am determined to smoothie the day away :) Yours looks delectable.
Incredibly magical photos as always Zoe! Hope you are feeling much better these days. So sorry to hear of your great-grandparent's passing. That camera is such an amazing & special keepsake from them to treasure and keep them close to your heart.
<3 Marisa
the kiwi concoction looks delicious! i have been in a smoothie frenzy lately, love all the vitamin c!
http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/
I'm convinced! I need to start having smoothies for breakfast. And these photos are so flipping gorgeous, it's like another world....
thank you!! and how lovely!
Stunning photos! And what a lovely camera! And how awesome that it used to be your great grandmpa's. That so special!
oooooh I love that photo of your camera! These are gorgeous.
Trish
www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com
Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!
really love the lighting in your photos. you have a lovely blog here darling, also happy 7 year anniversary.
http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
xx rae
Post a Comment
Thank you for your wee comment! It is nice to hear from strangers and friends! (and strangers who could be friends!) I will do my darn hardest to respond too!