Sunday, 13 May 2012

Toffee Strawberries and Mint Choc Chip

Some recent pictures from our wee world... (click to enlarge in gallery view!)









Saturday A pitter patter at the window!  Where are you spring sunshine?  It has been bright but so wet, the clouds are like a giant soft box overhead!  A special envelope all the way from my far away good friend in New Zealand arrived for us!  A perfect start to our dreary weather morning which we spent indoors listening to records, playing geetar and uke and of course taking pictures of these yummy desserts we had made and frozen the day before!  Which did have a sunshine spell, one long enough to walk through blossom trees to fetch some more strawberries! ;) yummy dearest sweetest strawberries... mmm...  Our evening ended at Mark's oldest friend's lovely home, after spending a lovely night with the newly weds, their wee kitties and seeing their amazing pictures of Thailand :)

 
Our Raw Vegan Ice Cream Dessert Adventures 

This is something we have been enjoying lately!  It's great to freeze bananas to use as icecream and in frozen whipped moose desserts!  We have been experimenting with different recipe ideas and wanted to make our favourite ice cream, mint choc chip!  The other one pictured is a strawberry dessert which I wanted to make with chunks of dates as dates taste like toffee when you keep them in the fridge!  Because we are still experimenting I will list the ingredients we used but not the quantities because each time we make it they vary!  Each way delicious though, so if you fancy blending, mixing, freezing and garnishing with these ingredients, I think you might have a yummy time! :)

Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream - The Raw Vegan Way  

Banannas
coconut milk
mint leaves
spirulina
carob chunks

Strawberry Toffee Chip Ice Mousse - The Raw Vegan Way 

Banannas
strawberries
beetroot juice
vanilla
dates

 x



79 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

That first picture is dreamy. Your home looks so pretty in shades of pink and blue x

Unknown said...

Ahhh, another girl who loves bed jackets! I have no idea why they went out of fashion, they are such useful and pretty items.

Vivian de Violet said...

Lovely pictures, the first one is magical! I love pink flowers :) Those deserts look so lovely, Im glad you had a nice Saturday, we have simillar weather here, well, it was also raining :)
You have great vanity btw, there is something not only retro, but very very misterious and pretty same time about your place!

Helga said...

O,that first pic makes me squeal! SO pretty! :)

Valerie Enríquez said...

These photos are ridiculously wonderful! You look great of course and I love all of the pink: record player, flowers, and eiffel tower. Your cat looks so darling and I'd love to give him a rub. Those ice creams also sound so delicious x

Rose Eva said...

Very pretty pictures & I love your cat- so cute! The ice cream sounds like an awesome idea. :)

Dakota said...

How very beautiful!! Your vanity is so enchanting, especially with those beautiful flowers. Hope your weather becomes sunnier soon :)

polkadotpeticoat said...

Beautiful blog!!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I hang out for your posts. Always so beautiful. cecil is ridiculously handsome!

little henry lee said...

yum, your desserts look so good! and your home is wonderful, i'm so jealous of your pink record player! it's just the cutest thing.

Unknown said...

Stunning photos Zoë, you look perfect, love the socks and heels and your vanity table is gorgeous especially with the blossom! Here's to more sunshine! xxx

amy v / over&under said...

Eeee you got it! I literally squealed and shoved my screen in Alex's face when I saw our envelope. We read your post together, Alex envies your record player :) We both agree it looks like we paid you to advertise our invites (in the best way), do you mind if we save that picture? Love it! Wishing for sun for you all.. xxx

Caroline Åsgård said...

Hello! I'm in love with your home! Good bye! :)

lola said...

Lovely photos, I love that pink & blue together x

Anonymous said...

Sweet, lovely, fantastic! ;)

Dial V for Vintage said...

Gorgeous pictures! You really are a talented photographer, with an eye for detail and colour :). I'm loving your leopard pillows, I actually bought my very first leopard printed item this weekend: a cute top!

Marisa Noelle said...

Wow Zoe! Between all the strawberries and blueberries in your last two posts, I am dying to be in berry heaven over there where you are:) Those desserts sound like a dream and both healthy and simple - these I must try!

Your photos are as gorgeous as ever! Of course, you look stunning in your bed jacket and can I tell you how much I am swooning over that record player? I most definitely wouldn't mind visiting your wee world:)

Joanna DeVoe said...

Coconut milk was MADE for icecream! So sooo YUMMY...

+ As usual, love the dreamy pics :O)

bridget anne said...

ADORE your blog! i'm obsessed with your dreamy style & photos.

Kailey said...

Your posts really are the best Zoë - the colors and what you choose to photograph is just INCREDIBLE. Keep up the lovely work <33

Zoë Winters said...

YAY :D I'm writing you an email right now! :) xxx

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks Lucy! :)

Zoë Winters said...

I know! I love my wee bed jackets! They were my grannies so special too! :)

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks Vivian! I hope the rain has left you! :)

Zoë Winters said...

:) Thankyou!

Zoë Winters said...

Aww thanks Valerie! :)

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks Dakota! :)

Zoë Winters said...

How sweet! Thankyou! :)

Zoë Winters said...

So cute it demands to be fed records every day! :)

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks Hannah! Great minds obviously wear cute socks with their nice shoes! :) x

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks, so sweet of you to say! :)

Zoë Winters said...

Ohh, careful, it's an obsession! It starts with a wee top! ;)

Zoë Winters said...

Aww Marisa we are indeed munching so much fruit right now, it's doing wonders at making us healthy and happy! I'd love to visit your wee world, hopefully one day in our lives we can each do so! :) x

Zoë Winters said...

It sure was! :D YUMMY!!!

Zoë Winters said...

Aww thank you Kailey, so sweet of you to say! :) x

Zoë Winters said...

Thank you Bridget Anne! :)

Moya2bean said...

The colors on this post are beautiful and so vintage..Im a sucker for vintage
Love the photos...
That icecream looks super great!
Awesome blog

chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Zoe, I love frozen banana "ice cream!" My husband isn't a fan, so I rarely get to eat it, but I must get some nanas now so I can have it later this week :) It sounds like you had a fabulous Saturday, even with the rain. I cannot wait to have a quiet day where I can just relax all on my own!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Witchcrafted Life said...

As someone who's favourite colour is pink, I'm more than a little enchanted by this series of delightfully sweet images. Of course the inclusion of ice cream didn't sway me from them in the least either :)


Wishing you a richly beautiful Tuesday,
♥ Jessica

Megan said...

These pictures are so romantic and whimsical! And I loooove mint chocolate chip :)

Following you now and look forward to future posts. You're lovely!

Monsterchen said...

oooh you are a living doll darling, it is always such a pleasure to see your pictures and feel like beeing part of your magical world;) i adore this turquoise shirt/kimono/blouse;) and i have to make on of these delicious desserts!
love and kiss,mary
http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this idea for vegan ice cream, I'm a fanatic for ice cream and although I'm not vegan it all looks really yummy. I love your room btw, your blue vanity is so beautiful.

<3Honeysuckelle

Kirsten said...

YUUUUUUMMMMMM. Looks delicious! Hello! I miss you! E-mail me soooooon, I want to know what's been happening with you :) you are looking beautiful as always!

Eatlovemerry said...

You are like a doll!!

the girl never gets older said...

these pictures are ravishing! I love your smile and I can't even put into words how amazing your hair is! ♥

Jamie Rose said...

These pictures are beautiful! Your hair looks so so perfect and pretty. I want curls like that in my hair every day!

dear winsome said...

these are so pretty, i want to live in your wee world!! i have the same mint shades(uo?)and that vintage gold mirror in my living room, so awesome! i love when someone across the world loves the same things haha your record collection is killer..one of my favorite things to thrift :)

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

I love your headpiece! <3 Super sweet!

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

Unknown said...

Zoe, your blog holds so much beauty! With each post I get more and more overwhelmed.
I'm glad you got some sunshine so you could enjoy the blossom, that tree is magnificent. Most of ours have gone with the rain ( well the rain certainly hasn't gone but it did take the blossom) :( . I'm just awaiting the arrival of the roses now.
Those desserts look as delcious as you! Hope you have a wonderful weekend sweet one.
Lots of love xxx

doradadama said...

Amor,
The first picture is pure magia.
Adore your bed jacket, you always look so whimsical and lovely.
Love the shades of baby blue and pinks in your house.
Mmm my favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip too.
Besitos

Butch said...

You look beautiful as always. The food looks so scrummy!

Jade

Ellie, I Like Ginger Biscuits said...

Beautiful photos, you look so stunning!
Those puddings look amazeballs, it's making my tummy grumble :)
Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!!
Ellie xx

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks so much! :)

Zoë Winters said...

Aww Laura! I hope you got those nanas :) Tell your husband he is a silly :P x

Zoë Winters said...

Aw, so sweet of you to say, glad you liked it! :)

Zoë Winters said...

Aww thanks guys! :D x

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks! mmm, so delicious I hope your try! :)

Zoë Winters said...

HA! Emailed you bee-autiful lass! :P xxx

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks sweetpea! :)

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks so much darling! I totally cut it all off! @.@ x

Zoë Winters said...

Aww thanks darling! I love spotting wee things like that! Those glasses were a gift but that is entirely possible! :D x

Zoë Winters said...

Oh ours have gone away with the rain too! So glad I got a wee picture! The rain only just left us yesterday! SUNSHINE!!! Ohh, our roses are looking healthy in the garden I can't wait for them to flower! :) I see you have done a post! ;) xxx

Zoë Winters said...

Thankyou so much! I hope you are enjoying some mint choc chip in a wee sunshine spell :) x

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks so sweet of you Jade! :) x

Zoë Winters said...

Aww Ellie my dear! Thank you! I hope you have been making some yummy vegan treats! :) x

The Robyn Diaries said...

Oh my goodness, I have just found your blog and am absolutely in love <3

Little Tranquility said...

Awesome!! Yummm

Clara Turbay said...

your suggestions are great, bold and versatile.

Helen at THELOVECATSINC said...

wonderful post!

love your blog, definitely going to be a new follower!

from, helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com

Simona said...

These photos are really great!:)
Simona
www.simimaus.blogspot.com

Fufuquices said...

baby,your blog is very beautiful!
You're beautiful and has great style!
I loved all the pictures are amazing!
I love the pictures of food too, are delicious!
I invite you to meet my blog!
Kisses from Brazil!

http://fufuquicesdaclaudinha.blogspot.com.br/

Clara Turbay said...

bold and fun ideas for this season.

cecylia.com said...

aww you are such a darling! Love the blue and pink hues on you and your dresser is divine! I'm also drooling now from the cookies :D

M said...

Ohmygosh your vanity desk! Probably the prettiest thing I've seen in a while and you've dressed it up so perfectly too!

Charmaine said...

That room looks amazing! I love the decor. I also have that pink record player ;). I love that first photo with the cherry blossoms. So lovely!

Anonymous said...

Love your dresser and bed jacket! I just started following your blog. My brand new blog is http://southerngloss.blogspot.com follow back if you would like :)
- Kelsi

Angelica said...

Your pictures are always so perfect and inspiring
¨Kisses

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

Oh my goodness gracious! What a beautiful beautiful blog! :) Thanks so very much for popping by my tiny corner of blogland! So happy to be connected! :)

Hooray for new blog friends and lots of eye candy and fabulous adventures!
xo Jenny Holiday

Emmett Katherine said...

Pretty pretty pretty! Love that icy blue dresser/stand what a great piece!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wee comment! It is nice to hear from strangers and friends! (and strangers who could be friends!) I will do my darn hardest to respond too!