Monday, 27 February 2012

One Year Later... A Sweet Giveaway to you!

Some recent pictures from our wee world... (click to enlarge in gallery view!)








 
Smashed Cherry Chocolate Chunk Pancakes
(with a lovely glass of coconut milk!)

Adapted from Joy The Baker's Smashed Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Pancakes.  I love Joy's blog and think her ideas, pictures and stories are lovely!  I would truly recommend her blog!

These pancakes were yummy, I drowned them in maple syrup and made another batch the next again day.  I used an egg replacer to make mines vegan and we were out of strawberries, plus, I was wearing this cherry dress so had to pick cherries!  And my give-away is cherries too!  It seemed like too much of a geeky coincidence to refuse!  Doh! It's been really bright and sunny here, it feels like spring must be coming, the snow drops and crocus flowers are here!

Give-away


I figured from a wee gander through the followers thingy that most of you are ladies and I found these when sorting through everything we own and it just kind of fitted with how this post was going cherry-wise, haha!  
So, all you need to do to win this sweet cherry necklace and brooch is:
 1, be a follower of this blog in Google Friend Connect!
 2, comment telling me your email address or contact link so I can contact you, and if you fancy comment what your favourite dessert involving fruit is! 

I am a vegan as some of you might know, I have been vegetarian since I was tiny and went vegan properly about 7 or 8 years ago, but to be honest, I have been a pretty unhealthy vegan up until this last year or so when I started to read a lot more in depth about nutrition and what I should be eating!  I have mostly been eating raw lately (ignore the masses of cakes and chocolate! I said mostly!) and am looking for some inspiration to adapt 'normal' (as most seem to say) food into raw or at least vegan foods! :)  So your favourite fruity desserts might give me some ideas! ;)

This giveaway will close this time in two weeks, I will pick a winner using a random number generator thingy! Until then, have a wonderful time!  Enjoy eating some fruit! x

51 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on a year my dear! I wish you could put the pancakes in the post, they look damn right tasty. My diet is pretty rubbish to be honest, not enough veg and too many ready meals! I love anything cherry related, my favourite fruit after strawberries, you look beautiful as ever! have a fabulous week. Favourite fruit desert has to be eton mess, so simple! xxx

Nell said...

Congrats on a whole year! :) Keep that going!
My favourite fruit dessert is lemon with sugar.. Oh well. I know I should start eating healthy:D

balintnati at gmail dot com

and thank you for the chance:)

GFC: Natiiii

doradadama said...

Congrats amor!
Your pancakes look so yummy!
I love joythebaker too.
I am crazy for all kinds of desserts ,but My most favourite dessert is lemon cheesecake.
adorable cherry necklace and earrings.
besios

doradadama said...

My email is titon97@yahoo.com

Maija said...

Those pabcakes look absolutely delicious! I love cherry patterned things hehe, I would love to win this giveaway :)
You can contact me through my blog : http://thesequinedworld.blogspot.com/
or else email:
maijahufflepuff@gmail.com

Maija said...

ps. My favourite dessert is strawberry and chocolate cake xo

Rachael said...

Well done on reaching a year of blogging! Those pancakes looks heavenly! I would love to be entered for this giveaway, my contact email is lo_ts@ymail.com

My favourite desert with fruit would have to be a strawberry tart with huge full strawberry pieces. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Zoe, this is the cutest giveaway ever! I love the cherriness of everything (especially those pancakes! are those included in the giveaway?)

My favorite desserts involve fruit, actually. I especially love those fruit tarts with custard on the bottom and a lovely glaze to hold all the fruit together! YUM.

Happy Monday!!!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

ps. my email is delightedlaura at gmail dot com

Kirsten said...

WOwowow I love your cherry dress! Also I am hungry for pancakes now. Yummm. I'd love to enter your giveaway! I don't know what my favourite fruity desert is but it would definitely involve strawberries. Nomm.

Dial V for Vintage said...

I am definitely in for your giveaway, who can resist cherries? :D My email adress is: dialvforvintage@gmail.com

Hmm favourite fruit dessert... I would say cheesecake with chunks of fresh strawberries (and a bit of lemon to give it that refreshing taste), it's sooo lovely and perfect for summer!

vintage_kitten said...

Those pancakes look delicious.I can imagine it with the chocolate and cherries.Your dress is so cute.Congrats on 1 year blogging.My email is vintage_kitten9@yahoo.com.I love anything with coconut.Especially coconut cake.

eline said...

Ohmy that looks delicious! I'll be making these for my boyfriend this weekend!

Valerie Enríquez said...

Oh my! Those pancakes look sooo good. I've been craving chocolate and cherry combinations lately. I will have to try this recipe! The dress is so cute and so are you! x

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Those look sooo good! You should be really proud of yourself for being vegan. I tried it for a month and it was just too hard. I felt like I couldn't eat anything and I didn't have time to make proper meals.

I hope I win the giveaway!!! I have a cherries tattoo :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

Unknown said...

What amazing pancakes! Just looking at them is piling the pounds on me!
Such a cute give away whoever wins will be one lucky gal x

Jessica Samantha said...

OMG those pancakes look PERFECT. If that were to ever be presented to me at a restaurant, I'd cry on the spot.

nana said...

those pancakes look amazing. my favorite fruit is coconut, im learning hot to cook w coconut milk but i like the smell so much that i use coconut oil for my hair, cocont cream, coconut shampoo and so on...

my blog is www.encajeyponque.blogspot.com and if you want to contact me dayana@cuello-andrew.co.uk

Mari Garcia said...

What a sweet giveaway! I am drooling over the pancakes though. So, so hungry :) Have you tried making Banana walnut bread, it is delicious! Thanks for the giveaway!

♥ Meowwzie ♥

Charlie Bones said...

Hey I'm a new follower's of yours, I really like your blog, it's so cute ! my e-mail is sachi-lolita@hotmail.fr ( I know, I know it's the weirdest e-mail adress ever, it's old and I'm ashamed of it haha ) Well I tried cheesecake for the first time a few days ago and oh my gosh I want more and more lol it's soooo good ! And by the way those pancakes looks delicious !

Kitsune-kun said...

Thank you! That food looks so so delicious- and what a cute dress!

Little Tranquility said...

Oh my those look lovely.

I'm your newest follower, love your blog! My email is amandaaude (at) gmail (dot) com

I post vegan recipes over on my blog! Hope you'll stop by! :)

xo,
Amanda

Vintage Coconut said...

*Eeeepp! Your pancakes look so YUMMY!
The necklace and brooch are delicious.

And I am crazy envious over your hair!

My Email is Vintagecoconut (at) gmail (dot) com

Desert with fruit: Kiwi Strawberry Shortcake

Unknown said...

Oh Zoe your pictures always make me swoon. Those pancakes seriously are the best thing I have seen in a long time. I have a little 'eat me' section on my pinterest where I put all my inspiring food images and your pictures blow them all out the water. Would it be okay for me to add you in there? I will obviously credit you. :)

I have been veggie since I was around 7/8 years old but recently I have been thinking a lot about becoming a vegan. I am worried as I am not the greatest cook but I can learn and think with the right information and inspiration I would be fine. So yeah, i'm very excited to see more of your recipes try them out and see how I get on. vegan fun times ahead.

My favourite fruit desert is Cherry Pie ( Twin Peaks then made it an obsession) and I love a good fruit crumble too.
Hope you have a wonderful week lovely lady. xxxxx

Zoë Winters said...

:) Eton Mess, wonderful! I was going to make a meringue thing soon, I may have to make eton mess! :) x

Zoë Winters said...

Strawberry tart is one of my favorites! :) x

Zoë Winters said...

:) I wish I could post the pancakes! I am going to make tarts this weekend! They will get eaten before a camera can even be turned on, but mmm good choice! :) x

Zoë Winters said...

:) When we meet up I will make you strawberry and chocolate pancakes! x

Zoë Winters said...

:) I love strawberries and lemon together! mmm! x

Zoë Winters said...

mmm coconut! I am crazy about coconut and drink at least a cup of coconut milk a day! :)

Zoë Winters said...

Aww, well I would find it impossible to not be vegan! I plan on doing lots of food posts as I enjoyed making and eating these pancakes! So maybe over the next while, I can help you introduce nice vegan things into your diet in a non panic way! :) x

Zoë Winters said...

haha oh thanks! :)

Zoë Winters said...

Oh I use it for everything too! I eat a tablespoon or 3 of coconut oil every morning, it makes your skin SO SOFT!!! :) x

Zoë Winters said...

MMMM yeah banana and walnut bread is good, during my experimenting baking of using bananas as egg replacers I made a lot of banana cakes and breads! :) Delicious indeed! x

Zoë Winters said...

:) Over the moon to be on your page! I love you! I can't believe you are veggie, how are we so similar!? I love it! I hope I can inspire you too! I plan on just blogging about everything we eat but that is tricky, as we tend to eat everything and forget to take pictures of it! Plus I go away from the internet for days and forget to actually blog, gotta fix that! :) Cherry pie! Oh perfection! When I meet you I will bake you a vegan cherry pie! :) x

GinCherry said...

Just writing down cause this is the last post :) I just found your blog and I think it's amazing :) Definitely will take a better look later. I love the fact that you're a vegan and started to eat healthier I think it's really important for veggies/vegan.

P.S These pancakes are something that I can't describe in words :)

Unknown said...

My lovely just to let you know you have won the nightdress in my give away if you want to send me your details to; lacunacoiled@yahoo.com I can post it off! Have a lovely weekend xxx

Monsterchen said...

oh my god this pancakes look so superdelicious darling and the cherrydress is so fabulous on you, what an amazing post dear!
love and kiss,mary
http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

little henry lee said...

oh wow, those pancakes look absolutely mind blowing! and i love your style, you look so cute! rockabilly is my favourite. :) now following, so i 'spose i'll leave my email address for the contest too (jessbialkowski@gmail.com). x

Zoë Winters said...

I will check out your recipes for sure! :) x

Zoë Winters said...

Thanks! Ohh, yummy! x

Zoë Winters said...

Thankyou! :) You are too sweet! x

Zoë Winters said...

Oh Hannah! Wow! I will email you right now! :o xxx

Zoë Winters said...

Oh my, you and your blog look wonderful! I'll have to head over for a proper look! :) x

Jaclynn_kyuss said...

Me likey! :) Me want ;)

Antoinette Musik said...

They look absolutely delish. You are so friggen gorgeous!

mary van note said...

Those pancakes look amazing. I'm a new follower on GFC. Thanks for commenting on my blog. The necklace and brooch are so cute! maryvannote (at) gmail (dot) com

And you could try pear cobbler. My boyfriend makes an amazing cobbler with oatmeal topping filled with pear and apple, or really you could use whatever fruits you had extra of.

Miss Marie said...

Congratulations on your one-year blog anniversary! Your posts are always so beautiful and ethereal - definitely one of the best blogs for eye-candy. But I guess that should come as no surprise given that you're an artist!

I love cherries too - I cherish them in their short season and go on missions for cherry desserts at other times of year. I'm lucky enough to have a lovely cafe near me that has cherry tarts but it seems to be an almost impossible task to find cherry pie, sadly! I'd cook my own but my boyfriend doesn't eat sweets so I'd end up with a big pie and no-one to share the love with... which just isn't the same!

Angelica said...

Njaaami, it looks soo delicious:D
btw,I love your style:))
Kisses

Natalia L. said...

Those pancakes look so yummy! <3
And I'm in love with that necklace and brooch!

And I love everything with fruits, I think fruits make life better! :D

sistinas.nlp[at]gmail.com

Girls that glitter love the dark
xoxo

Rainbow Gatherer said...

Helloooo Zoe :=)
I'm your follower and want to win this giveaway :)
I was a vegan too and also had bad eating habits but the iron levels in my blood decreased a lot for this eating habit so now I'm eating a bit normal.

http://rainbowgatherer.blogspot.com

Aliya said...

What a lovely blog you have, so glad I chanced on it!

Am your newest follower, would have followed even if it wasn't a step for this giveaway!

x Aliya
www.hillsidestory.net
aliyaroberts[at]gmail[dot]com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your wee comment! It is nice to hear from strangers and friends! (and strangers who could be friends!) I will do my darn hardest to respond too!